A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion confirming the information available in the main story arc.
Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Ashmanaille is small-boned, dark-haired, and dark-eyed. Her face is narrow with a pointed nose and seldom shows any emotion (KoD, Ch. 2). She is lanky and lean enough to make her look taller than she really is (CoT, Ch. 2).
- In the Tower, Asmanaille's duties include keeping track of tributes paid by various nations (TGS, Ch. 18).
- When a bubble of evil attacks Salidar, Ashmanaille is in a circle with Anaiya, Angla, Bharatine, Calindin, Elayne, Lanita, Nicola, Nynaeve, and Shimoku. Ashmanaille smiles warmly at Nynaeve as she joins the circle (LoC, Ch. 14).
- When Elayne tries to tell the Aes Sedai that it wasn't the Forsaken who attacked them, Ashmanaille exchanges an unreadable glance with Bharatine (LoC, Ch. 14).
- Ashmanaille leads Elayne away to help with the Healing after the attack by the bubble of evil (LoC, Ch. 14).
- When Birgitte points out to Ashmanaille that Elayne looks unsteady from helping with the Healing, Ashmanaille sends her to bed (LoC, Ch. 15).
- Egwene sees Ashmanaille and Kairen making cuendillar. Janya Frende and Salita Toranes are also watching them. Ashmanaille taps the tabletop with her fingers and frowns impatiently while she waits for her cup to finish turning into cuendillar (LoC, Ch. 17).
- As Beonin is on her way to the Traveling Grounds to Travel to the White Tower, she is stopped by Ashmanaille and Phaedrine. They want to know if Beonin has any thoughts on the murders that have happened in the Rebel camp, since they cannot come up with any ideas. Both Ashmanaille and Phaedrine think that the killer is a worker in the camps, a male wilder (KoD, Ch. 2).
- Ashmanaille Travels to Kandor to collect tributes but discovers that the Tower Aes Sedai have already been there and used a gateway (TGS, Ch. 18).
- She is present in the camp in Kandor when Min goes to the Seanchan, and directs Min to the correct travelling ground (AMoL, Ch. 27).
- Ashmanaille must be relatively strong in Earth to be able to make cuendillar (LoC, Ch. 17).
- While Ashmanaille and Kairen work on making cuendillar, Janya studies them as if she wishes she could make cuendillar (LoC, Ch. 17).
- When Salita Toranes announces to Egwene that she is receiving complaints from the Yellows who have to make cuendillar, she says that the Yellow Ajah, at least, has more important things to do than make trinkets. Ashmanaille and Kairen glare at her (LoC, Ch. 17).
- Kairen is faster at making cuendillar than Ashmanaille (LoC, Ch. 17).
- She pays as much attention to her clothes as to anything else (KoD, Ch. 2).
- She specializes more in civil matters than unnatural deaths (KoD, Ch. 2).
- Ashmanaille and Phaedrine are friends (KoD, Ch. 2).
"Ashmanaille, lean enough to make her seem taller than she really was, fingers tapping the tabletop on either side of the simple metal cup in front of her, was frowning impatiently as the edge of whiteness crept upward past halfway." (Egwene; Crossroads of Twilight, Chapter 17).
"At least the Amyrlin is alive," the other Gray replied, "and by what I've been told, she will remain alive and...healthy. Her and Leane both." (Ashmanaille to Beonin; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 2).
"Perhaps you have had some thoughts on our murders, Beonin," Ashmanaille said smoothly. "Will you share them with us? Phaedrine and I have been putting our heads together, but we are getting nowhere. My own experience is more with civil matters. I know that you have gotten to the bottom of a number of unnatural deaths." (Ashmanaille to Beonin; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 2).
"Why would an Asha'man come here twice and each time kill one sister? That sounds as though the killer wanted those two and no others." Ashmanaille shook her head. "How could he know when Anaiya and Kairen would be alone? You cannot think he is lurking about disguised as a workman. From all I hear, these Asha'man are far too arrogant for that. To me, it seems more likely we have an actual workman who can channel and bears a grudge of some sort." (Ashmanaille to Beonin; Knife of Dreams, Chapter 2).