Havien Nurelle is a Lord Lieutenant in the Winged Guards, promoted to Gallenne's second for his action sat Dumai's Wells (TPoD, Ch. 9). He is slender, pink cheeked and young looking, though perhaps no younger in actuality than Rand (LoC, Ch. 17). After he learns of Perrin's defence of the Two Rivers, he comes to greatly admire Perrin (LoC, Ch. 54). After the battle at Dumaei's Wells, he no longer seems so young, with a hardness to his eyes, though he continues to almost worship Perrin (TPoD, Ch. 9).
- He introduces himself to Rand (LoC, Ch. 17).
- He leads the Mayener contingent when Perrin goes to free Rand (LoC, Ch. 54).
- After the Aes Sedai join them, he at first assumes the Aes Sedai have taken charge (LoC, Ch. 54).
- He takes part in the battle to free Rand (LoC, Ch. 55).
- He goes with Perrin and Berelain to Ghealdan (ACoS, Ch. 27).
- He asks Perrin to intervene with the Wise Ones to make sure the Aes Sedai are all right (TPoD, Ch. 9)
- He brings Berelain news of her scouts (WH, Ch. 5)
- Although not mentioned, he remains with Perrin and presumably takes part in the attack on Malden (KoD, Ch. 30)
- After Gallene is killed, he takes over command of the Winged Guard (AMoL, Ch. 32).
- He continues to lead The Winged Guard during the battle (AMoL, Ch. 37).
"Lord Perrin, The Aes Sedai. . . . I know they swore to the Lord Dragon, and. . . . I've seen things, Lord Perrin. They do camp chores Aes Sedai! This morning, Masuri and Seonid came down to fetch water! And yesterday, after you returned. . . . Yesterday, I thought I heard someone up there . . . crying out. It couldn't have been one of the sisters, of course, You. . . . You will see that everything is ... all right . . . with them?" (To Perrin, The Path of Daggers, Chapter 9)