A similar entry appears in the Wheel of Time Companion. Other information about the character is also included in the Companion, but we did not use it in the TarValon.Net Library.
Author: Estyrien al'Halien
When Moiraine meets Larelle in Canluum she seemed determined to reach Chachin (NS, Ch. 17). However, Merean later told Moiraine that she decided to go south, which Moiraine thinks of as odd (NS, Ch. 25). Since we know that Merean was Black, it seems possible that Larelle might be Black herself or that Merean killed her (NS, Ch. 26).
- 972-8 NE: Larelle teaches Moiraine as both novice and Accepted (NS, Ch. 17).
- 979 NE: Larelle arrives in Canluum with Merean and stays in The Gates of Heaven (NS, Ch. 17).
- 979 NE: Cadsuane orders Larelle and Merean to escort Moiraine to Chachin since they are also going there (NS, Ch. 17).
- 979 NE: Larelle heads south (NS, Ch. 25).
- Larelle taught Moiraine as a novice and as an Accepted. She had a habit of asking questions that you didn't want to answer. Everyone in her classes thought that she was the perfect sister and wanted to be her (NS, Ch. 17).
- Moiraine had thought that Larelle and Merean Redhill did not like each other until she saw them together in Canluum (NS, Ch. 17).
- Larelle is as strong as Merean was and weaker than Cadsuane, Meilyn Arganya and Kerene Nagashi. She was stronger than Siuan and Moiraine when they were newly raised but they overtook her once they gained their full strength (NS, Ch. 17).
"Every girl in Larelle's classes had thought her the perfect sister and been intimidated by that cool consideration. They all had been afraid of her, and wanted to be her." (Moiraine about Larelle; New Spring, Chapter 17)
"Larelle decided to go her own way. South, I believe. More, I don't know." (Merean to Moiraine; New Spring, Chapter 25)