Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- Although she is not directly mentioned, she is one of the thirteen Wise Ones who murdered Desaine (LoC, Ch. 53).
- Two days after the battle, she and the other Wise Ones activate the call box that "Caddar" (Sammael) had given Sevanna to call him (ACoS, Ch. 20).
- She reached the decision with the other Wise Ones that Sevanna, speaking as a clan chief, is to have Therava as her advisor (TPoD, Ch. 11).
- After the Wise Ones question a Seanchan soldier, they make Galina swear to obey them, Sevanna and Therava most of all (TPoD, Ch. 11).
- She and Therava bring Galina to Faile and the other captives to Heal "Sevanna's new gai'shain" (WH, Ch. 4).
- She listens to Faile's report on Sevanna and stares to the northwest alongside Alarys and Jesain when Rand and Nynaeve use the Choedan Kal (CoT, Ch. 9).
- She exposes even more cleavage than Sevanna (ACoS, Prologue), so that Sevanna does not know whether she is trying to imitate her or compete with her (TPoD, Ch. 11).
- Before meeting Graendal, who is disguised as Maisia, Someryn prided herself on being the strongest channeler around (ACoS, Ch. 20).
- She is one of the Wise Ones who take to wearing finger rings, which is not an Aiel custom (CoT, Ch. 9).
- She is usually quite composed, though she cannot hide her contempt of Sevanna (WH, Ch. 4), and she never hits nor shouts. But she does so to send Faile on her business when she sees the huge beacon of saidar to the north (CoT, Ch. 9).
"Sandy yellow hair flowed to her waist, held back from her face by a wide dark kerchief, and her brown shawl lay across her shoulders, open enough to show an incredible amount of bosom thrusting half out of her pale blouse. How did she avoid freezing, exposing so much skin in this weather? All those heavy necklaces of ivory and gold must feel like bands of ice!" (Faile on Someryn; Winter's Heart, Chapter 4)