Author: Kyria d'Oreyn
- When Rand orders the taxes to be lowered and grain shipped to Illian, Sunamon and the other High Lords try to talk against it at first, but they cannot oppose the Dragon Reborn (TSR, Ch. 8).
- He and Meilan show the treaty they have worked out with Torean to Rand. He is outraged when he reads it, because it would have two thousand Tairen soldiers overseeing the grain distribution, all under command of Torean. Rand orders them to write a new one and if it does not follow the lines he gives them they will be hanged (TSR, Ch. 9).
- Rand threatens him openly in regards to the treaty (TSR, Ch. 21).
- Sunamon is among the nobles Rand meets on the Plains of Maredo, close to the border of Tear, where they discuss Sammael's defenses in Illian (LoC, Ch. 4).
- Rand Travels with his party, including Sunamon, to the north of Illian; he stays with Weiramon (TPoD, Ch. 21).
- He does not appreciate fighting against the Seanchan with only six thousand men, because he does not know that the force that the Asha'man represent is more than adequate (TPoD, Ch. 22).
- He follows Gregorin into the final battle against the Seanchan, but he pretends not to belong to his party (TPoD, Ch. 24).
- Bera tells Rand that Sunamon and the other High Lords and Ladies are traveling for Tear, disobeying their orders to stay in Illian. Rand bursts at the news and orders them to return, or else they will be hanged (KoD, Ch. 21).
- Like most of the other High Lords and Ladies, Sunamon has plotted against Rand (TPoD, Ch. 21).
"The High Lord Sunamon joined Weiramon, a fat man with an unctuous manner -- toward Rand, at least. Smooth in his fine silk coat, always smiling, he was voluble in his declarations of loyalty, but he had plotted against Rand so long that he probably did so in his sleep." (Rand on Sunamon; The Path of Daggers, Chapter 21)